« Zenbot: more success milling circuit boards | Newest entries | New screws and nuts for the zenbot »
I started with a piece of dragon art I found online in gif format, converted to vector with inkscape, played a tiny bit with paths, and then converted to gcode with skencil. (an update of my skencil gcode converter is way overdue as I discovered several important problems there -- hopefully I get around to posting that soon)
The milling went nicely at about 16ipm for the shallow cuts and 12ipm for the deep cuts (all programmed at a conservative F8 but with me playing with the feed rate override up to 200%). The pointy bits are fairly sharp, and I was afraid I would break one while untaping the board from the table.
I hope it will make a nice window-hanging due to the way it lets the light