« Double Precision checked in | Newest entries | Happy 4th Birthday, AXIS »
I'm pleased to announce the next release of the emc 2.2 series, emc
2.2.7. This version contains many bugfixes, including many enhancements
and bugfixes for the new "hostmot2" (hm2) family of drivers for the Mesa
PCI and parport cards such as 5i20 and 7i43.
Full announcement: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.distributions.emc.devel/1382
Changes in this release:
- pop up a message when the right kernel isn't running
- halcmd will now show an error message instead of segfaulting when
inadequate locked memory is available
- allow emc2-sim to be built on 8.04
- stepconf: fix "negative SCALE" problem reported by Christopher Purcell
- comp: fix bad C code generated from variable array declarations such as
'variable double output;'
- documentation improvments
- axis: "touch off" of rotary axis on metric machine
- hostmot2: Support all the PCI, PC/104-Plus, and EPP "Anything I/O"
boards: 5i20, 5i22, 5i23, 4i65, 4i68, and 7i43. PCI users should
switch from hm2_5i20 to hm2_pci driver.
- hostmot2 changes: Config changes required! pwmgen.scale now works as
advertised; stepgen timing params are "u32 ns" instead of "float
seconds"; and stepgens now have a .enable pin which needs setting.
- hostmot2 feature additions: Added PDM mode for pwmgen; PWM and PDM
frequency are now settable by the user; implemented stepgen maxaccel
and maxvel; support open-drain GPIOs; all GPIOs now have some
representation in HAL (though the ones used by module instances are
restricted); encoder improvements.
- Lots of hostmot2 bug fixes, mostly with pwmgen and stepgen. Thanks to
all the brave testers!
Entry first conceived on 12 November 2008, 2:27 UTC, last modified on 21 November 2008, 16:47 UTC